(sans open fire)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut 2 slashes in the flat side of each chestnut
3. Arrange nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 4 or 5
minutes , turning once.
4. Peel with the help of a small sharp knife, and eat.
5. Traditionally, and to taste their very best, chestnuts are eaten while
still very hot. Watch fingers!
If you have never roasted chestnuts, take a lesson from the street
vend ors of Paris and New York, who know that crowds will gather whenever
the vendor s begin to sell their wares. Toasted over an open fire, chestnuts are
absolutely delicious. In the kitchen, you'll be pleased with the way their
sweet nutty flavor enhances a menu.
recipe courtesy of Recipe Source